Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Spring gift giving season is upon us. Mother’s Day is fast approaching, followed quickly by graduation and Father’s Day. I always enjoy a homemade gift from my son for Mother’s Day to remind me how creative and thoughtful he is even though he seems to be aging beyond his years at a rapid pace – much faster than I would prefer!

Each person defines their perfect gift in their own way – for some it’s flowers, stationary, collectibles, photos, jewelry, food, wine, etc. I’m secretly hoping to have my car detailed professionally as my Mother’s Day gift. Hint- hint - dear husband!

In these first few weeks at the store, I’ve met so many new customers and friends and heard their gifting stories – from a woman whose group of friends gave another friend a Pandora bracelet with charms representing all of them for her to wear during her chemo treatments – to another woman who purchased two Pandora crown rings to wear with her father’s wedding band as a tribute and remembrance of him.

Many who come into the story have an idea of what they want to convey with a gift and our job is to help focus that feeling toward a particular item. We strive to carry items for every person in your life no matter the occasion or sentiment.

Of course we have many gifts for all the moms and mom-figures in your life. We also have a selection of gifts for the graduates whether they are starting college or starting their first job and entering their first apartment or home. New to the store are mens’ gifts – from man cans (candles) to Iowa and ISU aprons, bags, bath products, frames and more.

Your gift to us is to stop by, take a look, say hello and be inspired. Even if you are just shopping for yourself!

Happy Mother’s Day to all the people moms, pet moms, mom influencers and caretakers out there – I wish you a wonderful day to celebrate you and your families. I’ll be celebrating at the baseball field with a walking taco – at least I don’t have to cook it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year!

  Another year has come and gone and each one seems to go by quicker than the one before! As we pause to reflect on 2021, we are very gratef...