Thursday, March 26, 2020

Welcome to the era of "What Day is It?"



It has been quite some time since I sat down and wrote a blog post. There's so much to say and yet nothing to say during this unusual space we are in. Some of you are working from home, some are on the frontlines, some are continuing to go into the office, some are trying to wrangle your kids more than ever and most of us are unsure which day of the week it is! 

As you know, we closed the storefront to the public last week. We are still searching for a balance of public safety and running a business. I'm at the store each day for a couple hours to respond to appointments, phone and online orders and you all have been amazing! Our business like others has taken a hit and will continue to for some time, but your loyalty and support is certainly helping us better weather this storm.

It's strange that a crisis like this forces or rather encourages us to work on projects we've put off and reach out (virtually) to friends and family we've missed spending time with. I know a lot of you are organizing closets and cleaning every inch of your house. At the store, we are painting, cleaning and organizing inventory to make the most of the time. If you follow us on Facebook, you may have seen my son's videos in the store. I have drafted his help with marketing as part of his home-school lesson plan! This situation also forced me to create Adela's Online Store, which had been on my to-do list for almost 2 years! That's right - you can shop some of the store at www.adelasfinegifts.com  or via Facebook. And you can purchase Adela's gift cards there as well! 

This situation has affected all of us differently and it has so many layers. For me, I am worried of course about my husband and son. My son doesn't fully understand why he can't have his cousin over to play everyday and he's missing baseball and soccer. My husband has asthma and is still going to work everyday. My mother has diabetes and has been good about abiding by our wishes for her to stay home. I have other family members and friends who have been laid off from their jobs and I know many of us are worried about paying bills and maintaining some sense of normalcy. And on top of that, I add the store. Of course like others, I'm worried about the toll this will take on the store, but I also miss all of you and wonder how you are all fairing during all of this. 

Ok, enough of that. We are strong and together we will get through this. There is so much to look forward to. We still have merchandise arriving for spring and summer and believe it or not, Christmas items should start shipping in another month or two. Once we are reopened, we will have so many new and awesome things to show you! And let's face it, after all the organizing and cleaning you've been doing, you'll have some empty spaces for new treasures! 

So for now, take care of yourselves and your family, friends & neighbors. Shop and eat local as much as you can. I know my fellow small business owners need it and appreciate it. Keep following us on Facebook and Instagram. Check out our website store. Call us if you need anything - people are still celebrating birthdays, anniversaries, births,  and other life milestones and we can help you find a little something to let them know you are thinking of them. Even more so during something like this, we are grateful and thankful to be part of this kind community. 

Call us at (641) 472-1824 or message us via Facebook or email (adelas@iowatelecom.net) with any questions or needs you may have. We are offering curbside pickup, shipping and local delivery.

As always, thank you for your support and loyalty. Stay safe and keep in touch!

Thank you - 
Kara
Owner, Adela's


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year!

  Another year has come and gone and each one seems to go by quicker than the one before! As we pause to reflect on 2021, we are very gratef...